COMMUTE A.I.R. PRO 18
Available, ready to ship in 1-3 days
|Measures:||18 x 30 x 53 cm|
- Airbag system developed together with Minerva-AS GmbH
- Chest strap with magnetic FIDLOCK buckle activates the MINERVA AIRBAG SYSTEM
- 32 h battery life, rechargeable via USB-C connection
- Filling of the airbag via MINERVA INFLATOR (CO2 cartridge with ignition module)
- After a fall with release and inspection of the airbag for damage, the system can be used again with a new inflator
- Software updates, battery charge status and other services available via smartphone app
- Application and temperature range from 0 °C to +40 °C
Mobility, especially in urban areas, is changing rapidly. Congestion of motor vehicle infrastructure in cities, growing environmental awareness and a mega trend towards a healthier lifestyle are facilitators of this change. Poor bicycle infrastructure fuels fear of accidents and the resulting injuries which is what constitutes one of the main inhibitors of bicycle traffic. This is what sparked EVOC to make bike commuting safer and more comfortable with the products of the COMMUTING line from 2023.
From zero to safe in 0.2 seconds
The magnetic buckle on the chest strap is responsible for activating and deactivating the airbag. The sensory unit, which is USB-chargeable, is equipped with six sensors enabling it to analyze the position of the backpack, i.e. the rider up to 1,100 times per second. Once the deployment criteria are met, the airbag inflates within just 0.2 seconds, hereby unfolding its full protective effects for the cervical spine, shoulders, collar bones and chest. The mechanical deployment is implemented via the activation of an e-igniter. After the airbag has been deployed and checked for damage, the system can simply be reused with a new cartridge.